Adding hydraulic fluid to a John Deere 1025r is an important step in maintaining the proper function of the tractor’s hydraulic system. The process is relatively simple, but it’s important to use the correct type of fluid and follow the proper procedures to ensure that your tractor continues to run smoothly.
Before you start adding fluid, you’ll need to gather a few supplies. You’ll need a container of John Deere HY-GARD hydraulic oil, a clean funnel, and a clean rag or paper towel. You’ll also need to know the capacity of the hydraulic system, which can be found in the tractor’s operator’s manual.
Once you have everything you need, you can begin the process of adding hydraulic fluid to your tractor:
- Start by locating the hydraulic fluid fill cap. This is usually located on the right side of the tractor, just above the rear axle.
- Use the clean rag or paper towel to wipe off the fill cap and the surrounding area. This will help to prevent dirt and debris from entering the hydraulic system.
- Carefully pour the John Deere HY-GARD hydraulic oil into the fill cap using the clean funnel. Be sure to add the fluid slowly to prevent it from overflowing.
- Once you’ve added the correct amount of fluid, replace the fill cap and tighten it securely.
- Check the fluid level again after a few minutes of operation to ensure that the level is correct.
It’s important to note that overfilling the hydraulic system can cause problems, so be sure to follow the recommended capacity for your tractor. Also, it is recommended to check the fluid level regularly, especially before heavy use. We can also advise you to watch this video: